Here are the questions we asked to ourselves after the end of the day 1 of our work week:
- What did you enjoy today?
- What did you dislike today?
- what did you learn today?
- what would you like to do tomorrow?
- do you think something is blocking you at the moment?
- I liked the City Hall building
- I liked the people we met – we had more insights about what to expect, about the Quality of Life Survey (+2)
- I liked the general feeling of working together (+2)
- I enjoyed getting an understanding of the people working on those issues in local government and beyond
- I enjoyed the face to face sessions/interviews
- I enjoyed the closeness of the relationships of people we met today, people who aren’t necessarily from the same departments.
- I enjoyed the availability and dedication of the people we met.
- I enjoyed the space for us to work.
- I enjoyed collaborative coding and publication
- I had the feeling the meeting with the Mayor’s office people was planned too early in the week, and too high level at this stage
- I am not sure we are going to have enough time to properly address a problem which is so big
- I would have felt more confident if I had done more researched and prepared in depth questions
- I would have liked more ‘doing’
- Too much milk in the tea :/
- I felt the day was jam-packed and we lacked time to do things as a team, like summarising interview notes
- I learned about Bristol, general knowledge about the city, the neighbourhoods
- I learned about the data collection that Bristol does as a city
- I learned about Bristol communities
- I learned the shape of the field we are working in.
- I enjoyed learning about positive things found in the data of the most deprived areas.
- I learned more about the variety of topics and wards we could have an impact on.
- I learned about policy making. I learned there is room for improvement in ways they do that
- To meet with the Pervasive Media Studio folks
- To see the city
- To start defining a more specific purpose/object of the project; what is realistic to do in the days to come
- To keep working with the team
- To create a draft of documentation structure
- To create something
- To speak to people on the other side: communities, activists…(+3)
- To go to the Open Data Meetup and see the audience there.
- To do more documentation together.
Blockers / Slowdowners / Whatevers
- I feel slowed down by not knowing enough the content of the various surveys
- I don’t feel at ease with slight different visions for the product
- The scope of the field is huge 😓