Here are the questions we asked to ourselves after the end of the day 2 of our work week:
- What did you enjoy/are the most proud of today?
- What would you like to do differently tomorrow?
- Any action/things you’d like to do tomorrow?
- Is there something slowing you down?
- Sharing the datavisualization links – diversity of forms, got a feeling of what could be done, inspiration (+3)
- Guerilla interviews were nice (+2)
- End of day recap session was helpful for the team and for me (+3)
- Tea was better \o/
- Seeing the city a little bit more, going to the community centre and meet more with people (+1)
- Getting a feeling of the data community (+1)
- The mapping! Getting the feeling that I was able to materialise our thoughts on paper. (+2)
- Enjoyed the team dynamic in our last session before the event.
- Enjoyed going out in the field to sense and learn more about community centres. It changed my view and makes me feel more informed.
- I enjoy that we take time to do things.
- I enjoyed getting news from a friend I hadn’t heard of in months. Made me feel warm inside all day long. :)))
- Fish’n chips. (+1)
Improve / Dislike
- Morning session felt a bit slow — could have been more productive: when we do a doc session, rehash our individual notes
- Transportation time: get bikes or bus or else
- I disliked not concluding a session to get something out of it _ even though we were not responsible for it
- I disliked not being able to hear Alaine on the way back: ask to repeat or delay the conversation
- Confused to witness the interactions and diversity of challenges within the open data community.
- I felt I lacked availability this morning and feel we could set out with clear session rules to improve outputs.
- I disliked being grumpy during the morning because of an exterior event and the impact it might have had on the group.
- Post Mind the Gaps website link on Open Data Bristol Meetup Group
- More interviews in the community
- Interview community leaders
- Interview people working in tech and open data in Bristol (privately or publicly, not necessarily involved with the City Council)
- To identify and outline the processes involved in the output — eg: researching in the datasets to pinpoint interesting narratives/journeys and what are the steps to get a reasonable output
- To solidify what we talked about between 5pm and 6pm (+1)
- To refine our project hypotheses (+1)
- To paper prototype our impressions of the 5-6pm session.
- To have a look at datasets (+1)
- To identify other public citizen advocacy with a good use of open data
- To visit the Dome
- To see Victoria (+2)
- To read the surveys
- To look at the documentation we received today from Phil
- To transform Alaine’s map into a graph
Slowing me down
- We lack of chocolate :/
- Worried about time (+1)
- Worried we won’t have the time to produce a prototype in time (for Friday)
- Bad news from this morning